Monday, January 25, 2010

Carrot Cake Anyone?

Carrot Cake is the second best way to get rid of carrots; the other being home-made soup! I love carrot cake, fresh grated carrots, yummie cinnamon, smooth cream-cheese frosting. It is enough to make any mouth water. So, that was my task for this week, post up a beautiful example of carrot cake.


Grating carrots is my least favorite part. I am always afraid that I will grate my fingers; in the past, I have done that indeed! The secret, get a smaller hand-grater, like the one above. 4 cups of carrots later:


Its cake time! It is a moist, delicious carrot cake. I don't like to add any nuts, but you can choose to do so if you wish. I like to add a little coconut instead.


As you can see, moist, delicious cake! Best served cold in my opinion. Maybe one day I will be willing to share this recipe... Maybe.

Next up, the Lions cookies get a second attempt.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I love carrot cake! That close up shot looks amazing. YUM!