Sunday, October 17, 2010

Winter is just around the corner...

Most of you probably hate me for remind you, but it is true, we're close to winter. In my humble mind, winter is the greatest of seasons (Hubbie and I married in February - on the leap year day). But I find something enchanting about the season. Still, we're trapped just before fall, and so I'm still in fall baking mode. More Fall leaves.

This time, the leaves were swirled. I like the look of the swirls, but there is something cute about my polka-dot maple leaves and acorns too... I don't know, which do you like better?

I wish I had taken a photo of the leaves just outside my apartment.. they were stunning. The ground is currently littered with their fallen beauty - each leaf was a rich yellow or a light orange. The effect of leaves falling from the tree reminds me of snow - each little leaf flutters down ever so gently from it's perch to land and collect and blanket the ground. It's beautiful, and poetic. As the temperature drops like the falling leaves, we are drawn ever so much closer to the wondrously beautiful season of winter.


Well, that's my little rant. I suppose it's been a while since I posted any decorated cookies. I have some more to post yet, and have not abandoned the cookie deco, it's just that I've a lot of caking afoot. Until then.

post signature

It's a Link Party again @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff and Just Something I Whipped Up

2 comments:

Kate said...

Your leaf cookies are beautiful Meghan! We don't really see the changing colors in Southern California. Maybe I should make these instead!

Art and Appetite said...

These are soooo GORGEOUS, Meghan! Such an awesome idea! Fantastic!