Saturday, December 29, 2012

Winter Wedding

This cake was near and dear to my heart, and in truth, had to be baked twice before I was happy with the results! But, with all my heart, I wanted it to be perfect.

So, with much fussing and playing, I managed to create a winter-themed cake with a rather large Poinsettia on top.






With a little bit of a twist, this is an egg-nog cake with vanilla-bean buttercream. The cake is covered in MMF, and decorated with sugar flowers/snowflakes (a combo if you will). I had no time to order a snowflake plunger set this year. Rats! Maybe next...



 Because the Poinsettia is so large, it actually dented to the top of the cake! I have never done a single flower on top, and was rather pleased with the off-set aesthetic of it.


 And of course, this was a drop-in wedding, so Cupcakes make things a little more munchable! I was rather pleased all around.


So, now I have some extra cake in the house... I wonder what I will use it to make next :)
Happy New Year!


post signature

1 comment:

TriGirl said...

Yum! Good thing I'm currently eating otherwise I'd be hunting for cake :D And, it's beautiful too!